When I started blogging in 2005, I often described it as finding Narnia.
There was a whole world in a magical place called the Internet, filled with interesting people and ideas.
I built a few huge chapters in my body of work through this discovery, allowing me to work with people all over the world through tools like blogging and social media.
Creating all of this content was tremendously useful, but not for the faint of heart!
After creating the Tiny Marketing Actions (TMA) method and eventually writing The Widest Net, I have found that the biggest barrier to more people integrating TMAs into their daily activities is overwhelm.
Enter the latest mind-blowing “New Narnia” tool that is already revolutionizing how we market: Chat GPT.
There are valid reasons to use discernment with this new technology. I follow people like Christopher Penn to stay informed about the up and downsides.
Skepticism aside, it is astounding at how much Chat GPT can help you with Tiny Marketing Actions.
Here are 5 examples, broken down in a generic prompt, then a real example using it in Chat GPT.
1. Create a Social Media Plan
“Generate a creative social media calendar for our <insert your type of company> on how to <problem you solve>”
Chat GPT Example:
“Generate a creative social media calendar for our instructional design agency on how to create a licensing and certification program”
Day 1 (Monday):
- Share a blog post on “The Importance of Licensing and Certification Programs for Professional Growth and Development” with an eye-catching image.
- Create a poll asking your audience if they have ever participated in a licensing or certification program before.
Day 2 (Tuesday):
- Post an infographic explaining the step-by-step process for creating a licensing and certification program.
- Host a Q&A session on Twitter or Instagram live where your followers can ask questions about licensing and certification programs.
Day 3 (Wednesday):
- Share a case study or success story of a client who implemented a licensing and certification program with before-and-after metrics.
- Create a short video clip featuring an expert in the field discussing the benefits of licensing and certification programs.
Day 4 (Thursday):
- Share a post on the latest trends and updates in the licensing and certification industry.
- Host a Twitter chat with a hashtag related to licensing and certification programs and invite experts in the field to participate.
Day 5 (Friday):
- Share a blog post or whitepaper on “The Dos and Don’ts of Creating a Successful Licensing and Certification Program”.
- Create an Instagram or Facebook story with a behind-the-scenes look at how your agency creates and delivers licensing and certification programs.
Day 6 (Saturday):
- Share a testimonial from a happy client who completed a licensing or certification program with your agency.
- Host a LinkedIn discussion on the topic of “The Future of Licensing and Certification Programs”.
Day 7 (Sunday):
- Share an inspiring quote related to professional growth and development and tie it in with the importance of licensing and certification programs.
- Create a social media post thanking your followers for engaging with your content and encourage them to share their thoughts on licensing and certification programs.
2. Identify Conferences (Watering Holes)
“What are the top conferences for <Insert Your Ideal Audience>?”
Chat GPT Example:
“What are the top conferences for Accountants?”
- AICPA Engage: This is one of the largest conferences for accounting and finance professionals in North America, covering topics such as accounting, auditing, tax, technology, and more.
- QuickBooks Connect: This conference brings together accountants, bookkeepers, and small business owners to learn about the latest trends and tools in accounting technology.
- Xerocon: Xerocon is a conference for accountants and bookkeepers who use Xero cloud accounting software, with sessions on accounting, business development, and technology.
- Accountex USA: This conference covers a wide range of topics, including accounting software, technology, marketing, and practice management.
- Scaling New Heights: This is a conference for accountants, bookkeepers, and business consultants who work with QuickBooks, featuring sessions on accounting, technology, and business development.
Please note that this information is based on past events and is subject to change, and it is always best to check with the official website of each conference for the most up-to-date information.”
3. Request a LinkedIn connection
What’s the best way to request a LinkedIn connection?
Chat GPT Example:
“When requesting a connection on LinkedIn, it’s important to do so in a professional and respectful manner. Here are some tips for making a successful connection request:
- Personalize your message: When sending a connection request, it’s important to personalize your message and explain why you want to connect with the person. This could include mentioning a common interest or explaining how you think you could mutually benefit from the connection.
- Be clear and concise: Keep your message short and to the point. Avoid using jargon or technical language that the person may not understand.
- Explain who you are: If the person doesn’t know you, it’s important to introduce yourself and explain your professional background. This will help establish credibility and increase the likelihood of them accepting your request.
- Avoid generic messages: Avoid sending generic messages such as “I’d like to add you to my professional network.” This is unlikely to grab the person’s attention or make them want to connect with you.
- Proofread your message: Before sending your message, make sure to proofread it for spelling and grammar errors. This will help ensure that your message is professional and polished.
Here’s an example of a personalized connection request message:
I came across your profile and was impressed by your background in marketing. As someone who is also interested in marketing, I would love to connect with you and learn more about your experience in the industry.
Best, [Your Name]”
4. Optimize headlines
“What is the most SEO-friendly way to title an article <insert your article topic>
Chat GPT Example:
“What is the most SEO-friendly headline on the topic of using Chat GPT for marketing?”
Answer: “Revolutionize Your Marketing Strategy with Chat GPT: The AI-Powered Tool That Enhances Customer Engagement”
5. Identify best SEO terms
“What are the best SEO terms for <insert your business’ area of expertise>?”
Chat GPT Example:
“What are the best SEO terms for licensing and certification?”
Here are some of the best SEO terms for licensing and certification:
- License renewal
- Professional certification
- License requirements
- License verification
- License application
- License lookup
- License transfer
- License expiration
- License status
- License board
- Continuing education
- Certification exam
- Certified professional
- License reciprocity
- License suspension
- License revocation
- License reinstatement
- License renewal deadline
- License renewal fees
These SEO terms are relevant to licensing and certification and can help improve your website’s search engine rankings and visibility for related searches. Incorporating these terms into your website’s content, meta tags, headings, and URLs can help you expand your keyword list and attract more traffic to your website from people who are searching for licensing and certification-related information.”
Play Around and Find Out
My best advice on learning Chat GPT is just to play around with it on a daily basis.
Do I think it is going to totally replace real humans writing business marketing content? I certainly hope not! I think there is always a place for unique insight, interesting metaphors, new models and revolutionary ideas.
But if it can kick-start an idea, save time and get you into connecting more effectively with ideal clients, I say go for it.
I asked Chat GPT “What is the worst thing that can happen if you use Chat GPT to market your business?
Chat GPT’s Response:
“While Chat GPT can be a powerful tool for marketing businesses, there are potential risks and downsides to using it. Here are some of the worst things that could happen if you use Chat GPT for marketing your business:
- Misleading or inaccurate information: Chat GPT generates content based on patterns it has learned from the internet, which can sometimes include inaccurate or misleading information. If this information is used for marketing purposes, it can harm your reputation and credibility, and may result in legal consequences.
- Negative customer experiences: Chat GPT-generated responses may not always align with customer expectations or preferences, resulting in negative experiences for them. This can lead to customer dissatisfaction, negative reviews, and a decline in your business’s reputation.
- Security and privacy risks: Chat GPT may collect and store sensitive customer data during interactions, which can pose security and privacy risks if it is not protected properly. This could lead to legal and financial consequences if the data is breached or misused.
- Lack of personal touch: Chat GPT-generated responses can lack the personal touch and emotional intelligence of human interactions. This may result in customers feeling disconnected from your brand and lead to a decrease in engagement and loyalty.
To mitigate these risks, it’s essential to ensure that Chat GPT is used responsibly and ethically for marketing purposes. This includes verifying the accuracy of information, setting up appropriate security and privacy measures, and ensuring that customer interactions are still personalized and empathetic. By using Chat GPT responsibly and complementing it with human touchpoints, businesses can take advantage of its benefits while minimizing potential risks.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself. 🙂