(This is a guest post from my friend and long-time small business expert Karyn Greenstreet. Karyn has been teaching people how to start and run mastermind groups since 1994)
Mastermind groups are everywhere! The popularity of mastermind groups is growing as people just like you are finding the success they want through brainstorming with others, creating goals, holding each other accountable, and encouraging a positive mental attitude. Mastermind groups are all about helping each other create the success you want in our personal and business lives.
Napoleon Hill first coined the phrase “master mind alliance” in 1937, but mastermind groups have been around since the beginning of humankind. Benjamin Franklin was part of such a group, as did Thomas Edison. The ancient Greeks used the same concept thousands of years ago!
In a mastermind group, the agenda belongs to the group and each person’s participation and commitment is key. Your mastermind partners give you feedback, help you brainstorm new possibilities and solutions to problems, and set up accountability structures that keep you focused and on track. You create a community of supportive colleagues who brainstorm together to move each member to new heights.
Help others achieve success by creating your own mastermind group. It’s easy to get started and here are 11 benefits you’ll get from being part of a mastermind group:
- Create real and lasting progress in your personal and professional life
- Increase your own experience and confidence
- Sharpen your business and personal skills
- Get honest feedback, advice and brainstorming
- Add an instant and valuable support network
- Borrow on the experience and skills of the other members
- Create action plans and have the group hold you accountable for reaching your goals
- Receive critical insights into yourself and your situation
- Optimistic peer support in maintaining a positive mental attitude
- A sense of shared endeavor – there are others out there!
- Add mastermind groups to your service offerings to your customers as a revenue stream
Karyn Greenstreet is an internationally-known speaker, author, and the owner of The Success Alliance, a site devoted to mastermind groups. She has been teaching people how to start and run mastermind groups since 1994.
Read Karyn’s blog and learn more about mastermind groups here: http://www.TheSuccessAlliance.com
Join Karyn and Pam for a free webinar about Mastermind Groups on June 21!
Details and registration here: http://www.thesuccessalliance.com/webinar/free-webinar-mastermind-group-success-secrets/